Pagan News and Views Since 1998

Hey All,

So Litha is coming next month. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for meals and recipes for the holiday? I was thinking of a cold Russian soup called Okroshka. It has cucumbers, ham, potatoes, eggs, dill, and sour cream! Delicious stuff.

BB
Daniel

Views: 87

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Daniel!

Your soup sounds really good! Some other ideas: a strawberry spinach salad or a cherry upside cake (check Google for recipes).
I love adding strawberries to salads. I also add halved grapes. I'm not a fan of cooked cherries but I think a peach upside down cake would be so good. Hmm, I think I'm going to go look for a recipe for it. If it turns out well I'll post the recipe. :o)

~Lori
MM Daniel,

Your soup sounds so good. Do you have a recipe for it? I'd like to try it.
~Lori

Well better late than ever Lori!

Yes the recipe I use is this one:
Ingredients for Okroshka:
8 cups cold water
1/3 cup sour cream
2 1/2 Tbsp Vinegar
2 1/2 tsp Salt
3 Tbsp chopped dill (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup green onion, finely chopped

1 lb baby bologna (detska Kielbasa) or Kievska Kielbasa or whatever sausage you like, diced
4 medium cooked potatoes, peeled and diced
3 hard-boiled eggs, diced
3-4 cucumbers, diced

How to Make Russian Okroshka:
1. Boil potatoes for 20-25 minutes until you can pierce them smoothly with a knife. Don’t overcook or they will fall apart in the soup
2. Cool potatoes and eggs in cold water. Next peel potatoes, eggs, cucumbers and bologna, dice all.
3. In a large bowl or soup pot, mix together 8 cups of cold water, 1/3 cup of sour cream until combined.
4. Add 2 1/2 Tbsp of vinegar and 2 1/2 tsp of salt to taste (I used the amounts shown in the ingredients list). Stir in 3 Tbsp of chopped dill and 1/2 cup of green onion.
5. Add in all the rest of the diced ingredients. Stir and serve.

Hope you get this and enjoy it on the next summer's eve!

RSS

© 2020   Created by The Daily Spell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service