Pagan News and Views Since 1998
Well better late than ever Lori!
Yes the recipe I use is this one:
Ingredients for Okroshka:
8 cups cold water
1/3 cup sour cream
2 1/2 Tbsp Vinegar
2 1/2 tsp Salt
3 Tbsp chopped dill (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup green onion, finely chopped
1 lb baby bologna (detska Kielbasa) or Kievska Kielbasa or whatever sausage you like, diced
4 medium cooked potatoes, peeled and diced
3 hard-boiled eggs, diced
3-4 cucumbers, diced
How to Make Russian Okroshka:
1. Boil potatoes for 20-25 minutes until you can pierce them smoothly with a knife. Don’t overcook or they will fall apart in the soup
2. Cool potatoes and eggs in cold water. Next peel potatoes, eggs, cucumbers and bologna, dice all.
3. In a large bowl or soup pot, mix together 8 cups of cold water, 1/3 cup of sour cream until combined.
4. Add 2 1/2 Tbsp of vinegar and 2 1/2 tsp of salt to taste (I used the amounts shown in the ingredients list). Stir in 3 Tbsp of chopped dill and 1/2 cup of green onion.
5. Add in all the rest of the diced ingredients. Stir and serve.
Hope you get this and enjoy it on the next summer's eve!