Are you looking for some ideas to celebrate this holiday season? Here are some things you can do to celebrate this Yule:
Yule General Activities
- Sing pagan solstice carols
God Rest Ye Merry Pagan Folk
Deck the Halls
The Holy and the Ivy
Joy to the World
- Ring bells to greet the Solstice Morning
- String popcorn and cranberries and hang them on an outdoor tree for the birds.
- Donate food and clothing to others.
- Decorate the Solstice, or Yule, Tree.
- Perform magic for a peaceful planet
- Hang little bells on the Yule Tree to call the spirits and fairies.
- Gather up the Yule greens after Twelfth Night and save. At Imbolc, burn the greens to banish winter and usher in spring.
- Glue the caps onto acorns and attach red string to hang on the Yule Tree.
- Decorate an oak Yule Log with ribbons, fir, yew, ivy, birch and holly.
- Perform a "Mumming Play" with Traditional characters like the Hobby Horse, the Fool, King George, and the Black Knight to celebrate adversity.
- Private Meditation on Traditional associtations of Yule. (ex. Birth, Rebirth and the Return of the Sun)
- Private ritual Volunteer at a Homeless Shelter or Soup Kitchen.
- Have a "Yule" Party and exchange gifts with people in your group. Try to keep the cost of things down though, so no one's feelings get hurt.
- Hold a Group Ritual or if your are active in the community host an Open Sabbat celebration.
- Donate things to Homeless shelters or Battered Women's shelters. Give to people who would otherwise have nothing in this season of giving.
- Volunteer at an Animal Shelter.
- Smile. It's free, and it is the best gift of all.